Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday Thirteen II

In this second TT13 I got the idea from a couple of coworkers of mine who were discussing their favorite NFL quarterbacks they have seen play. My list is not based on what kind of men they were or are or even how good of quarterbacks they might have been but just who I have enjoyed watching play the most.

1. John Elway - Broncos - just the way he would pull out come from behind wins and seemed to always have that smile on his face reminding us all it was truly a game.

2. Jim Kelly - Buffalo Bills - yes the qb of my favorite team during their hayday but such a competitor and threw a great long ball.

3. Joe Montana - San Francisco 49ers - the best surgical quarterback ever, the precision in which he would execute that offense was almost artistic.

4. Dan Mario - Miami Dolphins - threw it all the time even when defenses knew he had to and such a quick release.

5. Brett Favre - Green Bay Packers - yes you just gotta love the gunslinger mentality and had that just awesome Monday Night game versus the Raiders.

6. Randall Cunningham - Philadelphia Eagles - the first real scrambling qb in the league, makes the list alone on that move against the Giants.

7. Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts - the closest thing to Montana since Montana in my opinion.

8. Donovan McNabb - Philadelphia Eagles - makes the list almost just with the smile and how it reminds you how this really is a game.

9. Steve Young - San Francisco 49ers - ran that true West Coast offense but threw in those runs as well, seemed to just be so grateful to have is shot after all those years as a backup.

10. Tom Brady - New England Patriots - just simply seems like your average guy or the soft spoken western hero.

11. Dave Krieg - Seattle Seahawks - strangest qb on my list I know especially with all those fumbles but he just seemed to have to out work and hustle everyone, I admired that.

12. Joe Theismann - Washington Redskins - hard not to like his moxie even though I was never a fan of his team.

13. Jake Delhomme - Carolina Panthers - enjoy is his fire and like how he has made the most out of his opportunity and seems like you could just walk up and talk to him.


So there is my list which I am sure any sports fan will have some agreement and some beef with. Feel free to let me know about either and share with us who was your favorite QB to watch ever.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



5 Comments:

Blogger DigiscrapMom said...

I'm not really familiar with the sport but you gave me a good idea of how these quarterbacks are. Thanks for that!

Happy Thursday!

4:04 AM

 
Blogger Chaotic Mom said...

Yeah! You listed John Elway first! My hubby is a Broncos fan, big time. Good choice. Now, I grew up in Green Bay, have been a fan my whole life. But NOT a great fan of Favre. He's a wee bit inconsistent for me...

I've posted my Thursday Thirteen, too. Enjoy! ;)

7:30 AM

 
Blogger Tug said...

OMG I'm brain dead. Wasn't Flutie a QB? It was always fun watching him try to see over the line... ;-)

12:33 PM

 
Blogger Barbara said...

My favorites on your list are Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Joe Montana, Donovan McNabb,& Tom Brady. And, yes, women love football, too. In fact, I'm going to see our Senior grandson play probably his last HS football game tonight -first of the playoffs and we'll probably get beat. But, he's still the best kicker/punter in Alabama! He does all his HS kicking.

12:54 PM

 
Blogger CJ said...

You forgot to tell us how many homeruns each guy has. Ha ha, just kidding!

1:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home