Thursday, October 13, 2005

Game Two 2005 NLCS

Good bounce back game for the Astros tonight. As expected another quality pitchers duel. Oswalt and Mulder both looked strong. That being said I was still not sitting back all comfy with a 4-1 lead late and Brad Lidge on the mound. I know his numbers against the Cardinals and in the past two postseasons. Flat out amazing. However thats why they play the games and I respect the Cardinals too much to think anything is over till its over.

I clap and have my reserved little celebration after the last out. Going back to Houston with a split is a good thing but not even close to the end of the series. The Cardinals could easily get a couple of breaks and take three straight. I would be surprised though if the series does not return to St. Louis with either team sweeping three straight.

Sure I remember last year. Those three amazing games in Houston with all the heroics to come from 0-2 down to lead the series 3-2. I didn't think last season they were a lock for the World Series then and I will not think so this year till they can put the final out on a series clinching win. Cliche yes but its not over till its over.

I just hope for at worst for the series to once again go back to St. Louis with the Astros up 3-2 because that will mean just like last season that they have a chance.

Keep it up boys. Play hard and have fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home