Monday, September 05, 2005

Miami vs. Florida State

What is with this rivalry that just kills kickers?

Seriously these two teams can recruit arguably the best athletes and football players in the country. So why do their kickers continually come up short?

It is really baffling to me. They even look calm, even after missing kick after kick but they still come up empty.

One would think the coaching staffs would stop trying field goals in this game. Just go for it every time.

What an amazing drive by Miami late in that game to get down to the two yard line only to have the kick blocked. I could just sense it happening. It makes me wonder if the coaches ever feel that way but decide they can't show any lack of support due to a gut feeling. I can understand how it would be hard.

One last note about this game, and all the ones I have seen before between these two teams. Don't they seem to just last forever? I swear it felt like 5 hours or more. Interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home