Thursday, October 21, 2004

game 7's abound

Both championship series going to a final game 7. Win or go home for all involved. You have to love the playoffs.

First let me say that what Boston has done is remarkable. Their bullpen really held that one together long enough for the Boston bats to eventually win those games for them. In game seven the bats decided to come out first and after two it was 6-0 Red Sox. Biggest comeback or biggest choke you decide which. I am sure it will be debated. Some people will never say its one or the other, just as a friend of mine to this day says the Oilers choked against the Bills in that awesome playoff game in Rich Stadium. To me, a Bills fan, its the biggest comeback. The interesting thing for Red Sox fan is that either way you describe it they will love it just as much. That is cool in my book.

So who will those Red Sox meet? St. Louis won an intense game six with their own walk-off home run (boy there have sure been a lot of those lately haven't there) by Edmonds in the 12th inning. When Bagwell tied it up at 4 in the ninth then that is all the Astros got I just felt that they really needed that fifth run right there. Before the game I told coworkers I felt it would take 6 runs to win that game. Game five's outstanding pitching duel was the aberration of the series.

For the Astros to win a game seven in St. Louis against the potent Cardinals I think that Clemens needs to go at least six solid innings allowing at most two runs. Pitching has to step up in this one. If you would have told me that as an Astro fan I would be watching Clemens pitch a game seven with a world series trip on the line on the road I would have taken that in a heartbeat. That is all one can ask for is a chance. I hope that game six will not be remembered as the Astros chance that got away.

Lets go Roger and Roy and Brad... be the stars you all are and can be and pitch well in game seven.
Lets go Astros, hit like the Red Sox hit tonight.

43 years is quite long enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home