Thursday, October 14, 2004

Instant Replay?

Was that game two or did it rain out and they just ran the same tape from yesterday?

I wasn't so sure. Basically the same type of game. The Astros jumped out first behind the bat of Beltran. The more I watch him the more I think the sky really is the limit with this guy. The young Astro starter, Munro this time, pitched not stellar but solid but got lifted too soon. With the lack of effectiveness of the Astro bullpen right now the starters better go 7 innings. Are you listening Mr. Garner? You mentioned before we have to ride these horses (meaning Clemens and Oswalt) so let them go 7 unless they totally meltdown.

That is the key to the rest of the series. The Astro starting pitching will have to be effective and last. Both clubs will get their hits and more than likely it will take 5 or 6 runs to win any of these ballgames.

On that note my pal Jason called after Beltran hit his 6th playoff home run and we talked for a bit about the game. I told him it will probably take six runs to win tonight. Seriously. But of course who could not see that about this series. I would be shocked if either team gets shutout in a game.

Game 3 is big. If the Astros can win it then the series will probably go back to St. Louis, if they do not win expect the Cards to celebrate in game 4. If I am gauging this right though, look for the Cards to wrap it up in game six, however being the fan I am how I would love to see a game SEVEN.

All you Minute Maiders let me hear you! Go Astros!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home