Saturday, October 02, 2004

Down to game 162

The Houston Astros are now one game up with one game to play, thanks to a handful of homeruns by the Astro bats. Craig Biggio lead off the game with his 23rd home run of the season and later added his 24th (a career high). Jeff Kent had a pair of home runs as well added to the home runs of Morgan Ensberg and Eric Bruntlett. Roy Oswalt pitched well keeping most everything in the park as he notched his 20th W of the season.

Now it is simple, just win and you are in. It is said that closing things out is the hardest thing to do in sports. I would agree. I was never more nervous serving out a match than the one that held my varsity letter with it as its prize. I luckily came through that day. I hope the Astros are as lucky, and as their record this September has shown they have been, and pretty good too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home