Sunday, October 03, 2004

Astros clinch wildcard!

Simply put a great day in Astroland. To have the middle of the season to look so poor, with all the speculation of Roger Clemens and Carlos Beltran to be traded, and it come to this where a win and one game in the standings places the team into the playoffs. Wow. One game, just like last season only this time they are inside looking out not outside looking in. It has to be sweet for all of them who endured the offseason after loosing those last critical games to Milwaukee in 2003.
It makes me want to be more than just a fan. It makes me want to be part of that team. I think that is why we fans all love watching our teams so much, because we are so drawn into wanting to share those joys and even pains with them. I think being part of a team success has to be one of the greatest natural highs.
That in part is why you hear so many fans and even local announcers say "WE". I think it is hard to not do that. I try to keep from it, not wanting to take anything away from those players, managers, coaches, trainers and staff who really are the "WE". Congratulations to all of them, I am glad they earned their celebration and honored to be able to watch it from my fan eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home