Sunday, October 10, 2004

Game 4 Gets Away

I just might have to finally hate the Braves after this one. What a kick in the gut.

Before the game I was hoping that Roger Clemens could just go six or seven and give up only 2 or 3 runs. I was basically hoping for the line Bill Simmons wanted for Pedro in game two of the Boston/Anaheim series. (click the link on the right and you can find the article). Top of the sixth rolls around and out comes Qualls. The crowd just flattened out a bit with that and it seemed he was flat too. Bam... just like that it was tied. Jeff Kent's head was down before the ball went over the wall. I just about did the same thing.

I was afraid of this. That moment that allows doubt to creep in. That moment where the Astros and all their fans begin to think "Here we go again!".

I hope the Astros can show some moxy tomorrow and get up and take it to the Braves like they have nothing to loose. I hope Roy Oswalt pitches the game of his life. No walks, no hit batsmen. Keep Furcal off base. When he was hit by Springer I just knew that was it. Berkman did give me hope with his hit, but just as when that Bartman guy messed with the foul ball in Chicago last year you just knew it was over, that's how today felt. I want to be wrong in the worst way.

Go Astros... believe for yourselves. Believe for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home