Sunday, October 23, 2005

Crazy times

I would like to have written all my thoughts now about the Houston Astros winning the NLCS and making it to their first World Series ever and also about games one and two and how good they were even if now they are down 0-2 and headed back to Houston.

However life comes first sometimes. Promises have to be kept. Not only to others but to myself. These are all good responsibilites. A job I enjoy and am thankful that I do so. Family that I love. Friends that I care about deeply. Teamates of my own that thankfully I did not let down this weekend as they did not let down me. Yeah its Kickball and you might scoff but it is still a team. It is still a group of people striving towards a common goal. We strove and we succeeded and I am so very thankful for that, just as I know all those in the Astros' clubhouse feel the same way about all their wins and losses. From 15-30 to the World Series and even possibly a championship. It isn't over till its over. I say that if its up 3-1 with two out in the NLCS and even if its down 0-2 in the World Series.

More details to follow just about everything cause now I have to prepare for my promise to friends and especially to myself, a much needed first trip ever to Las Vegas. 34 years is much too long to have waited I think and thankfully to three good friends of mine I won't make it to 35 years of waiting.

Life happens quickly.. so keep your eyes open.

We all enjoy being a part of something greater than ourselves. That's powerful I think.

Go ASTROS! Get'em in Houston boys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home